Friday 18 January 2008

Amandeep Garewal Kaur

My name is amandeep kaur garewal I was 16 years old living in coventry, we had just finished our last GCSE exams. i use to hang with my so called sikh friends how use to refer to themself as sp(sikh gang shera punja)and sas (sikh awareness socity) they said we to have stik with our own kind and i use to love their bable.i started going to a clubs and gigs as a group with them, as we knew we would not have been allowed to go in the night. There were 4 of us, best of friends, we decided to go, although we knew we would get into trouble if are parents found out, but we thought that we "only live once" and as it was a special occasion, and so we went. This was the first time any one of us had done something like this, it was an experience. When we got there we could not believe how many people our age were there from all over Birmingham, all Asian! I was shocked more than my friends, there were people drunk, boys/girls smoking, this was the new generation of Asians enjoying the western world freedoms. I remember saying to my friends, "We need to stick together and defend our sisters, no matter what happens the way we were as we always danced at wedding parties). I went over to them to see what had happened; they totally ignored me and encouraged me to drink which I then did. My dad would drink a lot so I assumed it be ok). We left the club at the end, it was about 4 o' clock, and I remember thinking how the hell are we going to get home? We were giggling, and we were late and drunk. I knew my gran would, phone my mum at work if I did not get home in the next 20mins, (I was normally home about 3:50pm, and it was already ten past four, I was in the middle of Birmingham City centre,40mins away from home by bus! I was so scared, I knew I was going to get into serious trouble once I got home, and I smelt strongly of smoke and alcohol. My dad was going to kill me. We did not know what to do? Then the guys, who we were dancing in the club, came over and asked us if we were alright? or if we needed anything, i.e. a lift home, because we were so desperate, we said yes. They dropped us home, we exchanged numbers and they went. I got slapped that day, my dad went absolutely mad, because I had lied, went to a club, danced with boys and got drunk! The whole family was really upset. I remember thinking I will never do anything like this again. My friends got the same treatment. It was not until a couple of weeks later, that some one kept ringing my house number, anonymous caller, I answered, it was that guy from the club. I didn't know what to do. I was scared and yet anxious to what might happen. He wanted us to meet up again, he wanted to know how we were? This was going to be my first relationship. I got to know "jags" over the next couple of months, we would arrange, the best times for him to call me, it was exciting, no one knew about him, I felt needed and loved. my friend from sp (shera punjab) told me that he was apart of their organisation and he was good guy and he was a "apana".He was 18 at the time, and I had just turned 16. He drove a really nice car and worked for his uncle, in I.T. It got to a stage were we would meet up in the middle of the night, I would sneak out of my house, he would pick me up at the bottom of my street, and we would go everywhere together I was loving every minute of it and every time we would not see each other, I felt like dying I was truly in love with him. I did notice that he was Punjabi, he dressed like a normal Punjabi boys that age, and he didn't drink and smoke. He knew a lot of hindus, but I decide to ignore that fact, as I was having the time of my life. I had a funny feeling he was hindu, but he wore a Kara and had khada chain in neack? and I never had the courage to ask him, because I didn't want to ruin anything between us.
But finally that day came when he revealed that he must go to the mindir, I loved him too much to let him go. , we would spend a lot of time together, he got me job at his uncle's firm, they all treated me with respect although I was a Sikh, and all of them were hindu, they were so nice to me. I felt wanted and at home with me boyfriends family. We saw each other for over two year's(all through college) and then came the time for me to leave my home and go to university, I went out of town a good few hours away, I wanted to live as far as away from my family as possible, as they were the obstacle, in my life from him. I always wore my Kara and my gold khanda necklace. I also stopped going to the Gurdwara, because I did not want to offend him, and I would use that time instead to be with him. I loved him and would do anything for him, anything. At university. Things got a bit serious, I lived in halls, This was a really good experience for me, and I felt vulnerable and weak. Things started to change a lot during the first few weeks at university. I quit uni, and moved into a flat with him, he got me another job, and again his cousin helped us financially. I never told my parents that I had done this, they would phone me, I would say everything was going excellent, and I would lie to them. During this time, I started to stop going home, I would say that I had too much uni work to do, and so I couldn't come home.Then,I stopped answering my phone from my family and friends, because I knew all they would say is to stop seeing him, and come home etc.so I changed my number, that's not the only thing I changed, a few months later I changed my name! We were happy together, we were in love, and we were made for each other. I was happy then to finally be apart of something that was so great, everyone loved me, and I was finally at home and peace.
I am about to tell you, is no exaggeration in any way, this is exactly how it happened, and the metropolitan police are well aware of it. Whilst I was on the flight over to india, I was so excited, I was finally going to get married to the love of my Life.When we reached india, there were a few people there to greet us, They were so happy to see me. We were then herded into a 4x4. We then stopped at what seemed to be a police station or the local sheriff's office, the luggage was taken out of the jeep, and
these men came and took the luggage away,jags came over and took my personal belongings, everything, my passport, money even my toothbrush, he said come out sikhini the hindu wanted to see your sikhi, in case.I remember laughing at first, but when looked at his face, but i said you are all sikhs this india its our country.he smiled and said this a hindu country and we are hindus.he was deadly serious, I gave him everything to him and then I was taken to a room, where I was told to wait.
They were talking to jags it seemed like ages, while I waited in that room, on my own. I was getting very worried for jags. During this time, two more cars and a jeep had come to this place station. Finally, a middle aged man came over and started to ask
me personal questions. I had trouble understanding what he was saying, he spoke so fast, in hindi. I kept asking him to take me to jags. He said "jags has gone", those three words stopped my heart beating, I was alone in a remote village in
india,
with no belongings and locked up a room. I did not know what to think?
What was happening? This was not supposed to happen?
Where had jags gone? I cried, and pleaded with the men there to take me to delhi, they would
simply laugh at me and beat me say hindustan zindabad i never understood.
a few days, I did not eat or sleep, I was disorientated, and I did not know what to do? I became ill, I was very weak, a doctor was called, he gave me some medicine, with which all I did was sleep. The next thing I remember was, when I woke up in a room, with a small barred window, and a small door. This door was locked from the outside, I started to scream, a women came rushing over. I was relieved for a moment that women had come over to my aid, until she started to shout at me and curse me. I didn't know what was going on. I just sat there in that small, cold room, with blank mind. They would give some bread and water three times a day. I was allowed to go to the toilet only once a day.
By now I had realized, I was not going home and
jags was not coming to my rescue. The building I stayed at was 3 storeys, and was very big. It must have had more than 30 rooms. It was the only building there, there was nothing
anywhere around this building, just fields and 1 tarmac road. It was a brothel.
I was not a lone there were 10 other girls (Sikh) that were in the same situation as me. We were all kept on the top floor, we were all given one room each. The other girls had been there longer than me, we would get a chance to speak during the night. They told me of their stories and how they got here, they sounded
familiar. It would be very cold during the night. They told me, on the 3rd day, what happens here. This where, the shiv sena members and locals came to enjoy themselves. I was very frightened. This is where they would come to quench their desires. I remember how they treated us, they would treat us like animals, they would rape us, and then spit on our faces after they were done.they will always say were is guru nanak or gobinb singh now and other stuff which i never understood.my dad was an exindian army and so was my grand father they always told me to beloyal to india.but this not place tolove we all found out.It was a living
nightmare, with no escape. I spent 15 months here, over that period of time,
I have seen 36 more girls been brought here, I have seen 7 commit suicide, by jumping of the building and 20 odd taken away by rich businessmen who would use them in their own brothels. I saw and lived in HELL, I saw young girls being
raped, I heard the screams of these girls and their
frustration, that no one would help them. When I first saw the police approach the building, I thought that we had been saved, was I proved wrong, they beat a girl to death right in front of us all, to show us who was in charge, and what would happen if we didn't co-operate. If you think for a second, that what I am saying is lies, go and approach the Scotland Yard, they have the full details of who the girls were and where they were from. I saw this with my own eyes, and no-one ever helped us.
A time came when me and another girl, got the opportunity to escape, we had been taken to a local tribesman's house, a fight had broken out, in his house, in the confusion Guru ji gave us an opportunity to escape, we took a jeep, and set out on the roads, we didn't know where we were going, we just went, where ever the road took us. We got close to a town Called Eminabad, here we informed the police of what had happened to us, they helped us, we were handed over to the British embassy and sent back to the UK. Once back in the UK, the police tried to hand us back to our families, OUR OWN families had disowned us, my family told me to go away, that I had brought shame to the family name, I tried to apologise, and they would not accept it.
I even tried to get help
From the Gurdwara, they said they could not help us. We had to go back to the police, who then put us in a witness protection program.

The year is 2003, I was then 21. We both were given a new chance to start a fresh, the police helped us a great deal. In the program we were given a place to stay and they gave us new jobs, to rebuild our lives. I am now 25, married and a 3 year old girl. I re-initiated into Sikhism in 1998, me and my friend, we took Amrit and took an active role to combat what had happened to us and help others in the same situation.
There is not a single second that goes by, without me thinking about those poor girls locked up in india. I have
been scarred for life. But I must do everything I can to try to create awareness to help those girls that scream every night and go through that abuse. I am thankful to the Police who are trying to help those girls, but I think we as a community need to do much more. We must come out of hiding, and face the danger these girls now face. But what we find is a really negative attitude employed by all parties, the families, Gurdwara and the girls, to do anything about this. I know what happened to me and what is still happening to those that are in india. Accordingly to the latest figures, there are 300 girls there right now, facing constant abuse, who are getting drugged up everyday and then raped. One of them is your relative!! Just keep that in mind, your cousin who you have not seen for over 3 years, went to university and never came back! When you ask your uncle and auntie, where is your cousin who you nor your family have seen for so long, you get the reply, that she has brought a house there and she has found herself a good job, and so she is constantly busy. I beg you please stop these lies, please help my sisters’ in india, who no-one helps, their families are too scared, or they don't know where she is? We must put a stop to this, I saw what is happening there, believe me, I do not even wish this to happen my enemies, when you see a young girl being raped by savages, who beat her and then spit on her you remember God, believe me when all you can hear is her screams to stop and her cry for help all you can do is watch. Those girls need your help! I pray all the time to Guru, to please help, those girls, every time I get the chance. We must make sure not a single girl goes to that living Hell from today. We must educate every one of our girls and boys about our religion. We must take it upon our selves to educate ourselves and our own families about Sikhism and the dangers it faces constantly. We must thrive to make sure this never happens to any of our girls ever again. I hope Guru Ji helps us. I hope you at least help yourself and your own family. I hope all those that took those poor girls over to Pakistan, realise that God is within us all, and not just in the heavens, I wish they could just imagine for 1 single second, that one of those girls was their own sister! No one would ever want this to happen to anyone, believe me. We have altered the above account to safe guard our source. The name and locations have been changed and how our penji escaped has been changed dramatically for the simple reason not to jeopardise any other girls opportunity to escape.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please spell Guru Nanak Dev Ji's and Guru Gobind Singh JI's names properly and in caps
thanks

Anonymous said...

this story is a lie. it's an exact duplicate of a story that went around several years ago, except the guy in the other story is muslim and they took her to pakistan.

please don't post these stories unless you can verify that they're true. it looks really bad when Sikhs lie.

Anonymous said...

it the truth it happen

Anonymous said...

jasleen is fat white whore she needs some cock yogi bajan is dead so i gess these white whore need to look else where .. soami ramdev loooololololl

Anonymous said...

if it happens, show the REAL story, don't just copy stories about muslims and change them to being about hindus.

see the REAL story:
http://www.haloonaa.com/News/300_Sikh_Girls_Trapped.pdf

and go ahead and spew your racist insults. i'm a khalsa of Guru Gobind Singh ji. i have no fear of kuriar like you.

look, if you hate hindutva fascists, show the REAL stories of their horrors. don't make them up. it makes you look bad. it makes sikhs look bad.

Anonymous said...

fat whore need hindu cock that why she defends them.

Anonymous said...

hi amandeep hows u. this is also aman from india jus like u i also belong to a sikh family. this is 4th time i m reading ur story of life. its rilly hell yaar.u know sikhism is the best on dis earth coz its latest. i was dying to contact u from the day ii read ur life but i was not getting u n today i searched in google n i got u. u know y? coz i m also going to pakistan in this coming april on baisakhi.u written in ur story dat whole religion is not wrong but listen my dear muslim religion the whole is wrong n dirty n based on fraud. m a religious minded person n wid baba ji ki kirpa i can meditate also for hours n hours.n i m reading guru granth sahib with meaning from last one year its rilly gr8. my request to u is jus read ur history n read guru granth sahib it will give u the meaning of life n try to listen kirtan n gurbani. make more n more sikh gals aware of this dirty game of muslim boys. u knows its the main thing in muslims dat they want to make every non-muslim girl a prostitute. from akbar to indira gandhi, n from indira gandhi to kareena kapoor. n the position of woman in there religion is like a shoe in feet. dats y they r allowed to make 4 marrigies. so believe in sikhism which says (kis te kariye dosti, sab jag chalanhaar-- guru nanak dev ji) it make me happy if u reply me other wise i will give ur story to any bollywood film director(jus kidding)take care. amanwadhawan@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

oh my god...!!!
such a nuisance happened with you.....oh god......
these hindus are just bastards....
shit...i am so much furious to murder all of your criminals and the ones who are playing such games at at the moment......
WAHEGURU JI DA KHALSA WAHEGURU JII DI FATEH..
jattstuff_bajwa@live.com

Jatti said...

thanks you jasleen for the real story..yeah this is the real one
http://www.haloonaa.com/News/300_Sikh_Girls_Trapped.pdf

the blogger just change the whole story with other name.... like this frauds and bastards will be those dirty muslim only